What is Internship?
Erasmus Student Mobility for Internship is a program in which Students from Universities which has an Erasmus Higher Education University Charter may apply to a business or organization within a country of European Union in order to gain work experience.
Each university students (Vocational School, Bachelor, Master and PhD), may apply to the registered University in order to participate in Erasmus Student Internship Mobility activities.
Who can apply to European Internship Consortia?
Students from European Internship Consortium Partner Higher Education Institutions (Universities) may apply. Partner Higher Education Institutions;
- Istanbul Kultur University (IKU)
- Istanbul Sehir University (Sehir)
- Kadir Has University (KHAS)
- Sabanci University (SU)
- Uskudar University
How the Consortium will make a difference to Students in Erasmus Internship mobility?
In Erasmus Internship mobility, Students are required to submit their letter of acceptances received from mentioned companies to the Universities at the application stage. Students applying under the European Internship Consortium will be placed by the consortium as their selection will be proportional to the expectations of the internship organizations. As the subject of finding an internship location to selected Students will be proportional to the expectations of the internship organizations, students are not warranted in finding an internship.
Internship (Placement) Period
Students may be placed in institutions to do an internship for at least 2 months up to 12 months. Students, under the condition to apply before graduation, may benefit from internship mobility after graduation. In this case, they are required to complete an internship of mobility for the 12 months following their graduation.
What are the application criteria?
- To be an enrolled student in one of the Partner Higher Education Institutions.
- GPA for Vocational and Undergraduate Students should be over than 2.20/4.00. For graduate Students it should over than 2.5/4.0 GPA.
How to apply?
Students who are eligible to application criteria, are required to fill in the online application form which exist in our homepage, to transmit the signed print out of this form and other requested documents to their home institution’s consortium representative till the announced deadline. Please click for the representatives of higher education institutions.
· Institutional Coordinators prepare list of students providing all criteria for application.
· Both note weight average of foreign language and GPA calculated to be %50 Accordingly Erasmus Notes is calculated for each student.
· The results are shared with all students who apply.
· Students who had right to be an Erasmus Student are shared by the Consortium with potential international organizations.
· The essentials in the placement are the supply/demand of the institutions and students competencies.
· Student selection is carried out by international institutions.
· Students can be placed by the Consortium Board approval to the internship placement that they find their own.
· Summer placement results will be announced by the end of February.
· Students preferred by Companies, are invited to meet with the Consortium Board of Directors.
· An Orientation Program organized by the consortium partners before students are going abroad.
· The selected students before starting and after completing their internship will take the « OLS Electronic Language Test ». Thus; the improvement in the level of foreign language held by training is determined for information.
· Internship period may be 2, 3 and/or 6 months regarding the demand of host institution, student and grant budget. (Mobility period depending on the grant budget may continue up to 12 months )
Students eligible to benefit from Erasmus Internship Mobility should prepare their detailed work program before the start of their training under supervision of Consortium coordinator at their home institution and responsible person at their host institution. Training Agreement should be prepared to cover the entire duration of the internship, as well as the work program, skills, qualifications and recognition (ECTS), etc. must be specified. In the sections where the compulsory internship is mentioned, to accept or to deny the actual internship as an compulsory internship is under initiative of departments. Additional documents may be requested from students by the Department Click here for the Training Agreement.
ECTS Credits and Recognition
Students who participate to Erasmus Internship Mobility are earning ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits for their realized internships. ECTS credits amount may vary regarding Erasmus placement and total amount of labor spent by each student for internship (total working hours in individual study program ). Determination of ECTS credits for the Erasmus placement should be subject to the approval of the Erasmus Coordinator. The student’s internship is recognized by his home institution as gained credits recognition which is provided in the graduation transcripts and / or the Diploma Supplement and / or in a signed “Certificate” by the consortium institutions.
- Erasmus grant distribution is made within the framework of set quotas for the higher education institutions and taking into account the grades of students who placed in the company to do an internship.
- Monthly Erasmus grants are determined by Turkish National Agency in accordance with national priorities and criteria before the start of the academic year. Erasmus internship grants shown in the following table for each country according to their standard of living and the cost of living index of the country were eligible to submit.
- Prior to the mobility period of the students, an agreement containing the relevant details of the grant should be signed with student.
- Students grant is paid in two installments. The first installment rate is determined not to exceed 80% of the total grant and payment must be made before the student’s departure. The second installment of the payment is made at the end of the internship period regarding delivered certificate of attendance which indicated beginning and ending dates of mobility and passport entry and exit stamps. Accordingly the total grant re- calculated. Students can only receive grant money while they were abroad for Erasmus placement period.
- The host institutions may support Internship students with salaries, lunch, transportation etc. There is no problem for students in getting these supports.
|Country types according to cost of living||Host Countries In the Mobility||Monthly Student Internship Grant (€)|
||Austria, Denmark, Finland, France , Ireland, Italy , Liechtenstein, Norway , Sweden, Switzerland , United Kingdom||600|
||Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus , Germany, Greece , Iceland, Luxembourg , Netherlands, Portugal , Slovenia, Spain||500|
||Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Macedonia||400|
Recognition of Training
· A “Certificate” which indicates the start and end dates of internship, is issued to students at the end of their training by the Consortium Board of Directors. · The recognition is achieved by showing the performed training activity of the student at home institution’s Diploma Supplement and / or the transcript.
Required Documents after Completion of Training
(Click here to access the Important Documents and description)
- Certificate of Attendance (the add document of training agreement which should be fill in after the mobility.)The third part of Training Agreement should be fill in after the mobility. This document includes the length of internship, performed duties, achieved competencies and the evaluation of host institution about trainee. It should be signed and sealed by the mentor (advisor), authorized person within the host institution.
- Copy of Passport pages which include entry-exit stamps
- Final Report (Online)
- Internship Place Evaluation Form (students will be able to evaluate their placement with this online survey.)
- Student Assessment Form ( survey will be sent to assess our students in international institutions electronically. )