FAQ STUDENT SECTION
1.What is Erasmus+ Traineeship/Internship Mobility?
Under Learning Mobility of Individuals (Key Action 1), students at higher education institutions holding a valid Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) can spend an internship period between 2 months and 12 months in an enterprise or organization in another programme country to develop hands on work experience in the occupational field relevant to their study area.
2. Why Erasmus Internship?
By doing a traineeship abroad with Erasmus+, you can improve not only your communication, language and inter-cultural skills, but also soft skills highly valued by future employers, as well as become more entrepreneurial. In addition, you may also receive financial support for the Erasmus internship period.
Which Countries Can I Go?
You can do an Erasmus internship in all countries on the Continent of Europe. What are these countries? Let’s take a look:
Germany, Austria, Belgium, The United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Croatia, The Netherlands, Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Greece.
Apply now and you benefit also from this privilege!
How much Financial Support Can I Get?
The amount of the grant depends on the country where the traineeship is carried out, according to the following groups:
|Types of The Countries about Cost of Living||Host Countries of Mobility||Monthly Student Internship Grant (€)|
||Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom||600|
| 2. Group Program
|Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain||500|
| 3. Group Program
|Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Macedonia||400|
The grant is paid in two installments to students. The ratio of installments is determined regarding the first installment rate which should not to exceed 80% of the total grant. The payment of the first installment is made before the departure of students. The second installment payment is made at the end of the internship period in accordance with reconsideration and recalculation of total grant with the delivery of Certificate of Attendance which indicates specific beginning and ending dates of studies at the host institution and the dates of entry and exit on the passport. Students may only receive grant money for the time they were abroad for Erasmus placement.Erasmus students prepare themselves for their internship at abroad by themselves. (Visas, documentation, accommodation etc.) They may receive support from the Consortium Institutional Coordinators when they encounter problems. Future trainees may receive a monthly salary from the placed institution which is only subject to the discretion of that institution.
Who Can Apply?
Undergraduate and graduate full-time students of Consortia Partner Universities (Istanbul Kültür University, Istanbul Sehir University, Kadir Has university, Sabanci University, Uskudar University) can be eligible to benefit from Erasmus+ Traineeship Mobility as long as they meet the below conditions:
- Undergraduate students must have at least 2.20 / 4.00 cumulative GPA and graduate students must have at least 2.50 / 4.00 cumulative GPA
- The students who benefited from Erasmus study or traineeship mobility before can also apply for the program again. However students have to make sure that the total length of mobility, with or without grant, at each level (undergraduate or graduate) -no matter the type of mobility- should not exceed 12 months.
Students, who apply at their last year before the graduation, may do their internship in the following year (12 months) after their graduation.
How Can I Apply?
- You can apply via the on-line application form during the application period. Access to the form can be found here.
- Students who edit the application form, after printout and signed the form, along with the other application documents should submit them to representatives of the consortium of their own institutions before the deadline.
In order to have more information about the application periods, please check the Consortia’s website regularly or contact the Consortia’s representative at your home university.
What is the application deadline?
What are the Application Documents?
The on-line application must be accompanied with the following:
- Official Transcript of Records* issued by the Student Affairs Office at the home university of the applicant.
- CV* ( in the EUROPASS format)
*Soft copies of these documents must be uploaded to the on-line system while filling the application form and the hard copies must be submitted to the Consortia’s representative at the home university of the applicant. Please make sure that your application form is signed by you and your Erasmus+ Departmental Coordinator at the home university.
Please click here for forms and descriptions.
How to Evaluate my Application ?
- Academic Performance (CGPA): 50%
- Language Proficiency: 50%
- Previous participation in the Erasmus Programme within current study level: -10 points (out of 100 for each participation in Erasmus mobility for studies or traineeships in the same study level)
- Disadvantaged students (The statement from a doctor or other relevant authority confirming the special needs should be submitted to the Consortia’s representative at the home university during the application period): +10 points
- Participation in Erasmus programme in the country of nationality: – 10 points
- The results are shared with all students who applied the Erasmus Internship Program.
Do I need to find the host organization/company or does the Consortia do this for me?
Searching for the host organization is the responsibility of the selected participants. However, the Consortia will help the selected participants by sharing the selected participants’ profiles with the organizations/companies in Europe.
How Will I be placed to Companies?
- Student selection is carried out by international institutions.
- Students can be placed by the Consortium Board approval to the internship placement that they find their own.
- Summer placement results will be announced by the end of February.
- Students preferred by Companies, are invited to meet with the Consortium Board of Directors.
- An Orientation Program organized by the consortium partners before students are going abroad.
- The selected students before starting and after completing their internship will take the « OLS Electronic Language Test ». Thus; the improvement in the level of foreign language held by training is determined for information.
- Internship period may be 2, 3 and/or 6 months regarding the demand of host institution, student and grant budget. (Mobility period depending on the grant budget may continue up to 12 months )
Can I change the traineeship period?
Selected participants can change the traineeship period if they get approval of the host organization and the Consortia for the new traineeship period.
Can international students participate in the Erasmus+ Traineeship Mobility?
If the international student has a valid residence permit in Turkey, he/she can also participate in the program.
Who Can I Contact in My Own University?
Please click here for the consortium representatives of institutions.
Which Documents which I Need to Submit After Mobility?
Please click here for related documents and its descriptions.