What is Erasmus Staff Mobility?
By Erasmus Staff Mobility;
- Teaching staff of a higher education institution (HEI) which has the Erasmus Charter (ECHE) can teach at least 8 hours in a year at another European country’s HEI that has the ECHE.
- Teaching/administrative staff of a HEI that hold the ECHE or staff of an enterprise can teach/get training at an enterprise or a HEI.
- Erasmus Staff Mobility Program includes two types of mobility activities:
- Erasmus Teaching Mobility
- Erasmus Training Mobility
Within the framework of the European Internship Consortia, beneficiaries can only join the Erasmus Training Mobility.
What are the activities of Erasmus Training Mobility?
- Mobility of administrative / academic staff to an enterprise: The purpose is to allow the beneficiaries to transfer of knowledge and to acquire practical skills. The activities can be very varied as language training, seminars, workshops, courses and conferences.
- Mobility of administrative / academic staff to a higher education institution: The purpose is to allow the beneficiaries to learn from the experiences and good practices of a partner institution and to improve the skills required for their current job. The main activities can be a short secondment period, job-shadowing scheme, study visit, etc.
Who can apply to European Internship Consortia for Erasmus Training Mobility?
Full time academic / administrative staff of HEIs that are partners of the Consortia can apply to the training mobility.
Istanbul Kültür University (IKU)
Istanbul Şehir University (ŞEHİR)
Kadir Has University (KHAS)
Sabanci University (SU)
Application Criteria, Evaluation Process, Application Documents
- The applications will be evaluated not only according the National Priorities determined by the Turkish National Agency but also the Consortia’s Priorities.
- All staff members who would like to apply for Staff Training are expected to hand in their documents (1- invitation letter from host instituiton and 2- Work Plan signed by head of department/unit) to the Consortium Representative of their own Institution. (Please click to see the
- The applicants need to be full time academic/administrative staff of the partner HEI.
- All the applications will be evaluated by the Consortium’s Board of Management inaccordance with the Consortium’s Priorities/Mission. (Please click to see the
Priorities/Mission of the Consortium)
- The mobility should end before the 30th of September 2015. The mobilities that are planned to be actualized untill April 2015 will be given priority in line with aforementioned Priorities/Mission.
2014/2015 Academic Year Staff Mobility Grant Calculation Formulas:
1. Daily Grant
Daily grant (excluding the travel grant) of the staff is determined according the county grups as indicated in the below table:
|Country Groups||Country||Daily Grand Amounts (€)|
|Group A||Denmark, Ireland, The Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom||144 €|
|Group B||Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, France, Italy, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Hungary, Austria, Poland, Romania, Finland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway||126 €|
|Group C||Germany, Spain, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Slovakia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia||108 €|
|Group D||Estonia, Croatia, Lithuania, Slovenia||90 €|
- Grant can only be paid for the days of training activity and arrival/departure days. It is not possible to pay double grant for one day, so, if a training activity is scheduled on e the day of the arrival, staff can only be paid the grant for one day.
- The grant covers all the living expenses abroad. Reimbursement is not possible for the expenses such as food, communication, local travel, insurance.
2. Travel Grant
- Different form the previous years, Travel Grant is calculated in accordance with the distance between the cities of the sending institution and the receiving institution.
- For the distance calculation the European Commission’s calculator, avaliable in the below link, is used;
- The Travel Grant includes the costs for visa, insurance, travel cost between cities. No other grant is allocated for those costs.
- The staff is not expected to submit any receipt for the travel expenses.
- Please see the table below for the amounts of travel grants,
|Distance||Travel Grant per Staff|
|Between 100 – 499 KM||180 €|
|Between 500 – 1999 KM||275 €|
|Between 2000 – 2999 KM||360 €|
|Between 3000 – 3999 KM||530 €|
|Between 4000 – 7999 KM||820 €|
|8000 or more||1100 €|